Lorie's Survival Training Camp 2009

I survived! Dan, Zoey and I braved it on a 2 day / 28 mile canoe and camping trip down the Delaware River. I can hardly call this roughing it as we had an air mattress, a cooler full of beer and lots of yummy food….thanks to my wonderful husband who knows I’m a girl that likes comfort. My only complaint is the bugs, bathroom trips in the woods, and the HUGE snake I saw while on said bathroom trip in the woods. We had a wonderful time and gorgeous weather! If you are saying to yourself...."wow, 28 miles is far".....well it is! The last 6 miles seemed like we were paddling uphill. We definitely got a workout, but we can hardly complain. We got to enjoy the scenery, beautiful bald eagles, fishing and snuggling in a tent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Good for you two. I see that you also had the pup to protect you from the bears and snakes.